Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What will my son look like?


I share the above picture with a bit of trepidation. I took that picture from a photolisting in my son's birth country. I can't link to it for obvious reasons, but if it's on the Internet then it's free game I think. Zoink! :)

He's in a pink blanket. It's blurry. It's outdated. And it's priceless.

I've been wondering what my son looks like. I only have the two pictures of him--the one at the top of the blog is the only other one I have! Both were taken when he was only a few weeks old. I wonder if the stork bite across his face has already faded like it did with my daughter. I wonder if his little strawberry kiss (the hemangioma) on his cheek has faded. He apparently has them on his back too. Maybe his backside? (Hi Roland's future girlfriends!) :)

I wonder what color his eyes are. Right now they're baby grey, but did they turn blue like mine or brown like the rest of my family? Or a color in between?


I wonder what orphanage life has done to him. I wonder what not having a mommy has done to him. I'm friends with a mom who just brought her son home from the same country. Her son also has arthrogryposis. Let's just say he's experiencing things my daughter never has, but my son will. There's a difference between having arthrogryposis and having arthrogryposis while an orphan without daily medical attention.

So my mind runs to happy places and then dark places and then back again.

I've never seen you smile. Sometimes AMC affects the jaw. Does it with you?


What do you look like, little guy? Part of me tries to imagine you just so I'm not surprised when I meet the two year old and have only know the baby. I just wish I had more pictures.

And Lord help you when you get home as you'll be blinded by all the flashes. Knowing me I will make up this picture deficit!




1 comment:

  1. He is beautiful.

    Nikki
    www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - get your blog designed and support orphans with special needs in India!

    ReplyDelete