Saturday, March 24, 2012

And where are they now?

We are still waiting for our federal fingerprinting appointments. (That is Step #12 in the process.) We sent them a medical expedite letter and everything. WAITING IS HARD. In the meantime we are gathering our dossier (pronounced doss-ee-ay if you don't want to sound dumb like me) documents (Step 13) so they'll be ready to get apostilled (Step 14) so we can submit them (Step 15) and wait a long time (Step 16). We're doing all this to get to Step 17 which is traveling to meet our son. Our new timeline says that this may happen in two or three months. Right now we are distracting ourselves from this long process by having lots of surgeries. Everyone in my family has had surgery in the last month and a half except me. *knock on wood*

So there's our update. We still have no word on our son's condition, no recent picture, no information whatsoever, and no families in country have been able to visit him that I know of. There was a scare that he was taken somewhere which turned out to be another child and me freaking out and not accurate.

Fun fun, right?

1 comment:

  1. Hey- I have NOT forgotten you, it has just been crazy over here (not near as crazy as you but still crazy for a full time working mommy of two!) But tomorrow is pay day which means early next week, you'll have another box o' clothes and a bouncy seat, car seat and 2 bases. I already have most of it in the back of my car and my husband will be getting the other 2 things from beneath a ton of things in the garage on Saturday or he will be sleeping outside! lol. Sooooo....that is the plan. The crib is also easily ready to go but the estimates on shipping are $50 (which would be awesome) to $250 and they'll box it up for me too! But until I have the bigger amount handy I don't want to bring it in. However, my April 13th paycheck will have that handy so that is the weekend I plan on doing that. The 2 items that will be hardest to ship because of their bulk and shape are the travel stroller and high chair. My stepdad is supposed to pack the highchair for me and I will get him back on that. The travel stroller I will bring in to the UPS store and ask them how to ship and how much. It folds up but not in a nice little square like everything else. I might bring that in with the bouncy seat and car seat and see what they say and either send it with them or wait depending on the cost and all. So that is the plan. Tomorrow at lunch or Saturday I will get the smaller stuff to you. I am so sorry about the delays. Before I had kids I was the most organized type A OCD person you could ever meet. You certainly don't need anymore waiting in your life now. I assure you I am a woman of my words and the worse case scenario is I will send you the $ in place of certain items but Roland will have his sweet self some nice stuff regardless! I am praying for a speedy recovery of Laelia and your husband! And I am praying that the adoption gets moving too! God bless you for being so patient, it is definitely not one of my virtues!

    P.S. There are easier ways to distract yourself than with surgeries! lol j/k

    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete