Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Roland's crib

Grandma and Grandpa stayed with us this last week to help get things ready for Roland. We talked about where to put him and decided to put him in Laelia’s room since he’s coming from an orphanage where he’s used to (and comforted by) sleeping with other kids. Once he’s ready we’ll move him to his own room. In the meantime Laelia has been super excited about having her baby brother in her room. We cleaned it all out to make room and changed the colors from pink to red.


The cleaning process. Laelia is not helping. :)


I hope to switch out the curtains to something more true red or neon green to match the rest of the room, but for now it's done. I found out that I'm dangerous with a can of red paint. :)


Roland's crib! My dad took it apart and made it shorter so it would fit in the space. Notice the dangling toys that will work as Roland's OT for the first few weeks. And this was my first time with a stencil and paint so I realize the letters are all doing their own thing.


Goofy pictures of all three of us. Can't wait to get this little boy home and take more pictures!


I painted the mirror and top of the stuffed animal bin. I also switched out the pink girlie baskets in the bookcase for red ones.


Here's the whole room! Roland's crib is to the right. I painted the knobs to all the dressers.


My dad put in a ceiling fan since it's getting hotter. I added the red.

It's all done and ready for Roland! Eight more weeks?!! Come on!

1 comment: