Thursday, May 17, 2012

Submitted!

Got word this morning that we are officially submitted!!! *happy dance*

Remember the post when we said we were done? Well, all our stuff was sent off and we've been done with our part, but our wonderful team in U has been working hard. They took our 48 documents (totaling over 150 pages) and translated it all. Then they bound it into a ~350 page book and stitched it together by hand. Our adoption is now in the hands of the U government! As of TODAY!!

Now we wait.

I didn't know waiting would be the hard part, but it kinda is. Mostly we're waiting on a paper system that's antiquated (think America in the 1950s) and done by hand in books in filing cabinets. One of the other moms took a picture of the binders of books during her DAP appointment and found out that they weren't backups, but they were originals! No computer. No fast paced process. But a personal process. A beautiful by-hand, poured over and personalized process.

A slooooooooooooooooooooow process. *being dramatic*

Don't they understand that I'm ready to go RIGHT NOW. To quote RR, "This is THE hardest part about the entire process…you’ve been approved! Your child is waiting! YOU are waiting! Why can’t they hurry up? Don’t they understand? Believe me, we have all been through this."

Yeah, waiting. Still waiting. Going insane... ;)

We should get a travel date in 7 to 8 weeks from today.

*insert whiny voice* But I want it now!  (This process has turned me into Veruca Salt.)

In exciting news I found out we were submitted at the same time as two other families. Travel buddies! I may get to see the adoption/rescue of two other boys from their institutions!


This is Ryan. He has noonan syndrome.



This is Josiah. He has down's syndrome.

Our son has arthrogryposis, but none of these three conditions should ever land a child in an institution. Holy Moses NO NO NO. Just look at these guys! How? Why?! What?!

*breathing again*

But I can't wait to meet their mommies!

I'm not looking forward to the traveling part, but I am looking forward to the this-being-all-over part. Soon these crazy adoption pregnancy pains will be over and I'll be looking into my son's eyes. 

*sniff* 

At this rate I should get him home right before he turns two!

This process went reasonably fast because we had support from YOU. You did this! I know families who had to wait to apostille documents or pay for fees, but we were completely blessed by our friends and family and buddies on the interwebs. I can't thank you all enough. Some delays took place that were going to happen anyway, but no delay happened due to financial lack. Wow. Thank you so so so much. The twelve billion future pictures of Roland will be dedicated to you all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment