Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Can't Buy Me Love Fundraiser!

The Can't Buy Me Love fundraiser is officially a go!

I'm sure you've all noticed some colorful hearts on the little guy's picture this afternoon. (See blog banner above. Hit refresh if you don't see them.) That's not just for show. For every $100 we get in our grant fund I will be removing one of those little hearts off his picture. Beneath all those hearts is that little boy's real name--the one we're giving him after he's legally adopted! His Wesley name! So exciting!

There are 16 hearts up there. Enough to get us from $5,400 to $7,000. So if you're totally impatient like I am then just feel free to put $1,600 in the grant fund and the name will be revealed! (Plus it will destroy two more financial barriers!)

Now you all know that "Joel" is not this little boy's real name. It's an alias. We're doing this fundraiser a little early because we have been calling him our name at home and "Joel" on the blog and it's getting confusing.

So once those pesky hearts are gone then you'll all see the name we've been calling him!

Clue: The new name is not Luke. That's the name I wanted, but we agreed that Charles would be naming our son. A decision I did not regret until I realized I could not bully him into naming our son Luke. ;) :) :)

But I love the fact that my husband wanted to name his son. He really thought and thought about it and named him with care. He can tell you three ways the name he picked is awesome and meaningful, and listening to his excitement over it makes me smile. It's a name straight from a loving daddy to his boy. And that melts my heart!

So, yeah. FUNDRAISING! Start donating to watch the hearts disappear!






No comments:

Post a Comment