Monday, December 19, 2011

The secret is out!


My blog is going public today!

The big secret is out: We're adopting!!!

And that adorable newborn baby (who is now 14 months old) in the picture above is our new son!!!!!!!

Quick info: We are calling him by his alias "Joel" until his real name is revealed. He is in another country (U). He has no family and lives in a baby house, which is an institution setting. He faces an adult mental institution in a couple/few years. He is being rescued by us because he is our son and we love him. His ransom is high. :(  He has arthrogryposis like our daughter. He is cute! WE ARE BEYOND EXCITED!!!

And for those of you who said I was his Mama. FINE YOU WERE RIGHT. <-- Now print that and frame it because I'll only say it once. ;)

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. no alexis you are gonna be saying it for YEARS! you are his MAMA!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may only say it once but I have it in print now ;) Blessings to your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexis,

    I am a friend of Kiersten Mc A. I read her FB post linking to this and wanted to comment, but am just so overwhelmed by your compassion and resolve that I don't know what to say, except that you and your family totally rock for walking the walk.

    Sheela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rejoicing with you! Ever since you first posted about this little guy, I figured you would be adding him to your family in God's time! And I've been praying for you! HUGS! Melody

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you'd get him, I just KNEW it! I'm so excited and told everyone at work today (I'm just a big blabber mouth when it's amazing news!)! Everyone here is excited for you and commented on what an amazing Christmas you guys are going to have!!

    ReplyDelete